My work engages interdisciplinarity collaboration, multimedia, improvisation, and relationships between genre, performer, and audience. It has been awarded with the College Music Society Dennis Kam Student Composition Award, the Stipe Society of Creative Scholars Fellowship, and other awards and honors. I am interested in exploring the place of art in contemporary society, reactionary movements towards the past, and varied manifestations of musical community through my work.
My artistic practice encompasses notated composition, conducting, and conducted/free improvisation. Below, find recent works representative of my body of work. The “⋆” symbol denotes that a score is available — please inquire via emailing me at email@example.com.
LARGE ENSEMBLE MUSIC (9+)
2022 – When Tigers Smoked Tobacco Pipes / orchestra
2022 – The Meeting / electroacoustic improvisation [revised version forthcoming]
‣ workshopped in April 2022 with What the Folk?! Devising Workshop, Tom Zhang, and the Pinkies.
SOLO/CHAMBER MUSIC (1-9 performers)
2023 – Rip Currents / clarinet, soprano, electronics
2023 – HEALER – SELF – ABSORBER – LOVER / clarinet, soprano, electronics [under revision]
2022 – Heat Lightning / flute, clarinet, violin, cello, piano
‣ premiered by the ECS Composers’ Ensemble at Emory Composers’ Society Chamber Connections.
2022 – Destroy the Reified Abstract Concrete Superstructure of Doom! / bari sax, electric guitar
‣ written for and premiered by Hypercube.
2022 – Let’s Go Back (to How Things Were Before) / solo clarinet / ⋆
‣ winner, Dennis Kam Composition Award.
‣ premiered at the Atlantic Music Festival, 2022 season.
2022 – Octet / flute, clarinet, 2 bassoons, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones / ⋆
‣ premiered in April 2022 by the Emory Chamber Winds.
2021 – resolves to… / clarinet, cello, and piano / ⋆
‣ premiered in 2021 at the Emory Composers’ Society Chamber Connections concert.
2021 – Whisper — Breeze / string quintet ⋆
‣ premiered in 2021 at the Heifetz Hootenanny July 31, 2021 concert.
2019 – Two Worlds / small SATB ensemble / audio
‣ premiered in 2019 by the American School in Japan Vocal Jazz Ensemble
2021 – Fragmented / fixed stereo audio / audio
2021 – Simplexity for TEDxEmory / fixed stereo audio and video / video